There are times we want to eat our left over food and still have some freshness in our food. My curiosity led to a journey of discovery and I learnt that using an oven is as easy as ABC. This simple recipe is also a way to bring in new skills to the kitchen either at a visit to close family or even at home. I will teach you how to cook some oven baked beef using just honey and salt as my spice.
Oven Baked Beef
- ½ kg of diced beef.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat your oven for about 15 minutes in 200 degrees/6 for gas
- Place the diced meat on aluminum foil.
- Smear honey on both sides of the meat.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the meat.
- Line a flat base oven tray with aluminum foil. Place it just below the grill to collect any tender meat juices that may pour out of the foiled meat.
- Place your foiled, marinated meat on an oven grill and let it bake for about an hour at 200 degrees.
- Unfold the meat and let it bake for another 45 minutes in the oven.
- The result of baking meat is an outer crunchy nyama choma looking beef. The honey adds a sweet flavor to the meat which is that extra touch you are looking for to add to your food. Let me know of your results too once you experiment.
- Serve your meat with your left over meal. It could be rice, chapatti or some githeri.
P.S.: Use a cloth to hold the grill and the tray as the maybe hot.