Egg Curry Stew
A fresh, light, rice recipe perfect for a late dinner.
- Boil eggs and tomatoes, removing tomatoes once the skin has burst.
- Peel and place aside.
- In a sunken pan, fry sliced onions and ground ginger on low heat and covered for 5-10 minutes or until it turns gold/yellow.
- Meanwhile place peeled tomatoes in a small container and crush with a fork till pasty.
- Add a bottlecap of soy sauce and twice as much yoghurt to the paste and continue to mix.
- Add royco to the paste and pour the paste into the pan, when the onions are fried to gold. (If more volume is needed, add a bit of warm water to the paste before adding to the pan)
- Allow to simmer for 2-5 minutes on raised heat, as you shell your boiled eggs and cut in halves or quarters.
- Add to the stew and mix gently. Cut up a bunch of dhania and add to the stew, again mixing gently and leaving to simmer, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Turn off cooker.
This stew is best had with steamed rice.